Milwaukee 2629-20 Bare-Tool M18 18V Cordless Band Saw Review
The Milwaukee 2429-20 Cordless Sub Compact Band Saw faster than its cable equivalents provides the same legendary durability as a Milwaukee cable band saw, and offers up to 2 times more uptime than other wireless options. Cut Band Saw cuts faster than cable band saws. It also offers the same legendary durability that has made Milwaukee Corded deep-cut band saws unsurpassed for decades by using more than 90% of the same parts. Equipped with Jobsite Armor technology, the tool is better protected from falls and debris with a patented composite material and crushing zone barriers to absorb impacts. Battery expertise offers up to 2.5 times more runtime in the course of better package building, electronics and more work per charge over the life of the battery than any competitive lithium-ion battery on the market. REDLINK PLUS Intelligence has the most advanced wireless power tool electronics system, which provides optimized performance, electronic clutch and overload protection through total system communication between the tool, the battery and the charger. The M18 FUEL deep cut belt saw features an adjustable tool-free locking shoe that can be adjusted from an extended shoe to any shoe in seconds.
Milwaukee 2729-20 M18 Fuel Deep Cut Band Saw Tool Only extremely versatile and productive. The LED light helps make cuts in dark places. A comfortable non-slip soft grip handle provides a better grip surface and reduces operator fatigue. What's included (1) Cordless band saw (1) 28V lithium battery (1) Charger Features Benefits More than 200 1-inch cuts. duct per load 2-finger speed control LED light helps make cuts in dark places Comfortable soft-grip soft grip handle Key specifications Brand Milwaukee Ship weight 30.68 lbs Cordless Yes Volts28 Speed (RPM) 0-226 Variable speed Yes Cutting capacity (SFPM) 0-350 Cutting depth at 45 (in.) 4 3/4 x 4 3/4 Blade size L x W x Thickness (in.) 44 7/8 x 1/2 x .020 Blade included No Battery included Yes Charger included Yes Stand included No Case included Yes
If you are looking for a tool that can make cuts with one hand, Milwaukee 2429-21XC M12 Cordless Sub-Compact Bandsaw Kit could be the one. It is a portable band saw capable of providing up to 280 SFPM so you can handle various applications. According to the manufacturer, a full battery ensures about 150 cuts. The cutting capacity is set at 1 5/8 inches and working with the unit is comfortable. It will make precise cuts without much effort thanks to the included LED light.
As for the additional features, the adjustable blade tracking of Milwaukee 2729-21 M18 Fuel Deep Cut Band Saw 1 Bat Kit is remarkable. The product weighs 12.4 pounds and, unlike some similar products, comes with a battery, a charger and a case. The company obviously focused on portability and simple operation, which later means they sacrificed some energy. Durability is more than decent, although the saw was manufactured in China. However, if you are looking for a cordless saw for quick work, you should consider this tool.
Compact, lightweight and powerful, the 12 Volt Milwaukee 2629-20 Bare-Tool M18 18V Cordless Band Saw with lithium-ion features a band saw that easily cuts small diameter materials. Ideal for aerial cutting applications, this powerful tool can cut up to 3/4 in. EMT in just 3 seconds and get more than 150 cuts per charge with the included M18 high capacity battery. With a cutting capacity of 1-5 / 8 in. X 1-5 / 8 in. And low vibration, this saw also has a lower double hook guard that covers the blade outside the active cutting area, meeting OSHA protection requirements and making this tool suitable for use with 1 hand.
Features of Milwaukee 2629-20 Bare-Tool M18 18V Cordless Band Saw
- Powerful 3/4 in. Short motor.
- Cutting capacity 1-5 / 8 in. For a wide range of applications
- Compact 12 inches long and 6.75 lb in weight for easier access in tight spaces and less user fatigue
- Meets OSHA protection requirements; suitable for use with 1 hand
- LED light highlights the cutting line for fast and accurate cuts
- Adjusting blade tension for adjustable blade tracking
- Includes: M12 wireless subcompact band saw (2429-20), 18 TPI subcompact band saw blade, M12 XC high capacity REDLITHIUM battery (48-11-2402), M12 lithium ion battery charger (48-59 -2401) and case
- WEN 3975 5" Metal-Cutting Benchtop Bandsaw is Compatible with all M12 batteries
- Compatible with all M12 chargers
- 5 year limited warranty for tools; 3 year limited battery warranty.
- The M12 subcompact wireless belt saw should only be used with Milwaukee subcompact portable band saw blades 48-39-0572
More features if Milwaukee 2629-20 Bare-Tool M18 18V Cordless Band Saw
- POWERSTATE brushless motor: faster cutting speed and power through the most difficult applications.
- CPT constant power technology: maintains cutting speed in the most demanding applications for optimal performance
- More than 90% of the same parts as the Milwaukees deep-cut belt saw
- Workplace armor technology: patented composite material and crush zone barriers provide long-lasting and resistant protection
- The most advanced wireless power tool electronics system, provides optimized performance and overload protection using total system communication between the tool, the battery and the charger
- Direct metal transmission: provides maximum tool life with the entire metal direct transmission gear system, while requiring less maintenance than a chain drive
- Provides superior package construction, more work per load and more work over the life of the package than competitive batteries
- Adjustable shoe with tool-free locking: the button-operated tool less design allows the user to quickly adjust from an extended shoe to any shoe in seconds
- The largest cutting capacity in the industry: versatility to cut material up to 5 in. Per 5 in. In one pass and the adjustable shoe allows for less rotation of the tool when cutting material above 5 in.
- LED light: illuminates the work surface for greater accuracy and productivity.
- Part of the M18 system with more than 125 tools.
- Compatible with all M18 batteries
- Includes: (1) 2718-20 M18 FUEL deep cut band saw and (1) blade
How does a Milwaukee 2629-20 Bare-Tool M18 18V Cordless Band Saw work?
Before you can start cutting, you must configure your machine. The process varies depending on the type you have selected, but the important thing is to follow the manual. The very premise of the work process is simple: the saw comes with a blade that makes the cut, and it is your job to choose the correct setting and manoeuvre the tool to make the desired cut.
The process is a bit more complicated in practice. Before starting the cut, be sure to tighten the blade and adjust the guide correctly. Once you turn on the saw, you can start cutting. Keep in mind that practice makes you a master of clean and perfect cuts, so give yourself some time to feel comfortable with the use of a band saw.
Benefits of Milwaukee 2629-20 Bare-Tool M18 18V Cordless Band Saw:
WEN 3959 2.5-Amp 9-Inch Benchtop Band Saw is the envy of everyone. The wireless circular saw offers the fastest cuts with the longest service life, and up to 370 continuous cuts. This saw of Metal and other material cutting is compact and lightweight; it uses a POWERSTATE Brushless Motor with 3,900 RPM to deliver the fastest cutting speeds and the longest tool life on the market.
DEWALT DWM120 10 Amp 5-Inch Deep Cut Portable Band Saw also features REDLINK PLUS Intelligence, the most advanced wireless power tool electronics system, for maximum performance and unmatched durability.
The new MILWAUKEE cordless circular saw offers an integrated hanging hook that allows easy storage while the tool is not in use. The extra-large cutting guide, the impact-resistant window and the LED light ensure a superior line of room and the stainless steel shoe reduces the accumulation of chips to avoid surface damage.
- The Brushless Power State Motor increases the cutting power for the most demanding applications.
- CPT System Constant power technology: Keeps speed constant for better cutting.
- The barrier zone provides robust long-term protection.
- All direct drive metal offers maximum tool life with all direct drive systems. While it requires less maintenance than a chain drive.
- Adjustable shoe closure without tools, powered design without tools. A button allows the user to adjust quickly.
- Higher cutting capacity of the industry.
- Versatility to cut the material in one pass.
- It allows a lower rotation of the tool when cutting material above.
- LED light, which illuminates the work surface to increase accuracy and productivity.
- The Red lithium XC 4.0 battery pack provides more work per charge, with 20% more power and 2 times more charge than standard lithium-ion batteries
- The Red link PLUS intelligence system guarantees maximum performance and protection against overload, overheating and excess discharge.
Best about Milwaukee 2629-20 Bare-Tool M18 18V Cordless Band Saw:
- 45% lighter than deep cutting tools: lightweight and compact 10.25 lb. design for high cuts and tight spaces.
- Cut in a single pass in 3" copper ducts, 3 "iron profiles and 2 ducts -1/2 ".
- Adjustable material shoe without tools: Quickly adjusts the shoe and allows flush cuts when working with materials installed against walls and ceilings.
- LED work light: illuminates the cutting line in dark areas.
- Blade ejection system: move the material guide upward and hold down the ejector button to quickly change the blade.
- Drop-resistant pulley protector: engineering geometry and high impact polymer.
- Cast aluminium gearbox: resists excessive use in the workplace and maintains gear positioning.
Number of cuts that can be made with the 100% battery: This is a bit subjective, since the amount of cuts depends on the material being cut and the density of the same, for example, in 4-inch polines we could make 58 100% battery cuts, meanwhile in metal angles we could only make 38 cuts, a figure not negligible if we consider the fact that it is a tool that works with batteries.
Operation of the Milwaukee 2629-20 Bare-Tool M18 18V Cordless Band Saw
In the following video you can see some tests of cuts in different metal structures made with the saber saw (reciprocal) that we present in this article, in the video you can see how the tool can be operated and guided with one hand, this demonstrates its efficiency, although remembering that a tool with sharp parts must always be manipulated with both hands to maintain a better grip and mastery over the machine.
Its strength: It can cut filigreed and curved shapes efficiently. In addition, the flush sawing of protruding wooden parts works better with them than with a stationary band saw.
It is guided by one or two handles. Here too, the saw blade, available in many models, is guided on flywheels and allows a particularly clean uninterrupted cut.
Manual band saws can be used for sawing wood, metal and plastic, but the focus is on woodworking.
Amateur craftsmen, carpenters, model makers and precision mechanics particularly appreciate this type of tool.
- Quite silent: they don't make much noise when they work. In fact, the industry believes that horizontal band saws are a silent power tool, especially compared to the others available there. Nor do they leave much mess.
- Versatility: the tool is suitable for cutting plastics and wood efficiently, but neither will it have problems with metals and other thick applications. Its main objective is to cut straight lines quickly and accurately.
- Automation: with the correct unit and settings, you can program a horizontal band saw to do the job automatically. That allows you to save some time and use it in other tasks by hand.
- Suitable for complicated cuts: if the result you are looking for is a complex way, this saw can do the job. They work by allowing you to move the work piece around the blade, which makes them suitable for use on small work pieces.
- Filing and polishing: these come as additional features in addition to the basic purpose of cutting.
- Welder included: In most units, you will find an integrated welder that offers the option to repair the unit blade using your tool.